We can’t eat perfect 100% of the time. For an indulgent “cheat” dinner that is still far better than grabbing a burger and fries, try this Creamy Chicken and Rice!
1 pack of chicken, cubed
4 TBSP butter, unsalted
1 yellow or white onion
5 cloves garlic (If you prefer a more mild taste, use 2-3 cloves instead)
2 TSP italian seasoning
1 TSP ground black pepper
1 TSP Salt
2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup white rice (For a healthier variety, use brown rice instead)
1/2 cup heavy cream
Parmesan and Parsley to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent, or ~ 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken and seasonings.
- Allow chicken to cook, stirring frequently for 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth and rice to the pan, boil, then simmer ~20 minutes (or however long it says on the bag of rice for it to cook, probably between 17-20 minutes).
- Once rice is tender and liquid absorbed, stir in the cream, cheese, and parsley.